BSc, MA, DCPsych, AFBPsS, UKCP Reg, CPsychol, HCPC registered practitioner psychologist
- NSPC Roles
Research Supervisor: Primary Doctoral Supervisors,
Research Supervisors: Masters and Secondary,
Claire Arnold-Baker, BSc, MA, DCPsych, AfBPsS, UKCP Reg, CPsychol, HCPC Reg
Claire is the Principal at NSPC and also the Course Leader for the DCPsych Programme. She is a lecturer and clinical supervisor on the doctoral programmes and provides research supervision to both doctoral and masters students.
Recent publications include:
- (2023) Existential Therapy: Responses to frequently asked questions (co-authored Simon Wharne, Nancy Hakim Dowek, Neil Gibson, Jo Molle and with Emmy van Deurzen), Routledge
- (2020) The Existential Crisis of Motherhood (edited book), Palgrave
- (2018) Existential Therapy: Distinctive Features (co-authored with Emmy van Deurzen), Routledge
- (2005) Existential Perspectives on Human Issues (co-edited with Emmy van Deurzen), Palgrave
- (2022) 'Working in perinatal mental health as a counselling psychologist', in Best, D., Nicholas, H. & Bradley, M. (eds) Roles and Contexts in Counselling Psychology: Professionals in Practice, Routledge.
- (2022) 'Birth, Death and Isolation: Motherhood during a pandemic', in Hanaway, M., Existentialism in Pandemic Times: Implications for Psychotherapists, Coaches and Organisations, Routledge.
- (2022) 'Birth Strike: Holding the Tension between Existence and Non-Existence', in Vakoch, D. A. & Mickey, S. (eds), Eco-Anxiety and Planetary Hope: Experiencing the Twin Disasters of COVID-19 and Climate Change, Springer.
Is Existential Psychotherapy right for you? https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/is-existential-psychotherapy-right-for-you/id1623565469?i=1000564005687